Sunshine

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

November 2014 - January 2015

I'm going to try and continue to keep posting monthly, but am going to do more of a 'family' recap instead of focusing all on Taylor. Though, knowing me, I'm pretty sure it will still be all about her. I'm a pretty doting mother. 


Nana took this shot of Taylor sitting on her blankets. Apparently this girl needs a chair. She sat there reading and playing with her toys. This was one of Nana's last days with Taylor before she left for Arkansas to help my sister Afton (who had her 2nd baby).


Me and Josh worked out a pretty slick routine to use minimal vacation days while nana was gone. I took off about 5, and he took 3. I think Taylor enjoyed her days with daddy. One day Josh was absolutely miserable because he got sick. That day, my brother in law, Bryan, came to town, so me and Taylor set out to have dinner with him in St. Paul after I got home from work while Josh passed out on the bed. Supposedly he never gets sick, but now I can use this against him. Wahaha!


Eating some spaghetti. She decided to play peek-a-boo during. Making an even bigger mess on her face. For some reason she's been playing while she eats, which ends up making her upset because she ends up getting food in her eyes.


We go for walks around the apartment complex pretty regularly. Since it's too cold to go outside, we usually roam the halls, climbing stairs, looking at people's wreaths, getting the mail. Taylor seems to enjoy it. This particular time she decided to bring along a friend.


While my mom was gone I took Taylor to the Maple Maze a few times. She loved it! I need to take her back, I actually haven't taken her since then. She did get a little carried away on the slide though. She went up and down it so many times that it made her throw up. Yes. I was that mom.


Happy after a fun day at the maze. Notice the monkey? Yes. Still her favorite stuffed animal. Always with her. Her car time has gotten so much better, we can actually count on her to fall asleep in the car, too. It's been great!


Thanksgiving is always a rush, as we go to the Schaefers, the Coxes, and the Kents. Yes. Three thanksgivings. This year, since my mom was out of town, me, Josh, and my dad made Thanksgiving dinner for my family. It actually turned out really good! Josh made the turkey, and potatoes. I made the sweet potatoes and stuffing. Lizzy made the salad, and dad mashed potatoes and did whatever we told him to do, he actually helped quite a bit, now he's a master cook. Guess nana will have to let him make dinner one night a week from now on, eh? ;)


If Taylor sits on your lap when you're sitting at a table, she usually ends up crawling onto the table. Caught this cute moment as we were eating some delicious grasshopper pie, after a very busy day jumping around thanksgivings.


Grandma and grandpa Kent got Taylor this cute little lemonade set for her birthday. This is how she drinks from a real cup. She also eats the cheesecake, wafer cookie, chocolate cake, and delicious (green) cupcake.


Church is still about the same for us. We missed a lot of it over the holidays, mostly because we were spending time with family, either at my parent's ward, or with Josh's family. We've gotten into a bad habit of only staying 2 hours. We've taken to having Josh drive Taylor around to get her to nap during Sunday school (since he'd be wandering the halls missing class anyways). But she's usually still sleeping once I'm done with my class, so I end up going to the car and we leave. I really wish Church was only 2 hours. 9 o'clock church is going to be so much better. Does that make us bad Mormons?


Drinking lemonade again. I don't know why I find this so hilarious, but I do. 


When we wonder the halls of my apartment complex Taylor always stops to sit in this chair. She really loves it. I don't know why. Maybe the dragon flies? I can't say it's super comfortable...but she HAS to stop. Sit in it for a bit, and then she's done. Only with these chairs though--I guess the other chairs aren't good enough.


I absolutely LOVED having my days off with Taylor. We had a blast, and it really made me wish I worked part time, even though I have it pretty slick with my 4 day weeks. Right now we're saving for a house, so maybe after that my part time wishes will come true, or my full time mommy wishes...


When I was little, I had a monkey, too. Taylor found it and was carrying them both around with her. It was pretty adorable. When she had to choose one, though, she chose her own. :)


It was actually warm enough for a walk. In December. Whatttt? Me and Taylor bundled up and took advantage of it. We only went to Wal-Mart (across the street), but it was still nice to get outside, and everyone thought Taylor was so adorable as we bought wrapping paper. I think I really need to get Taylor some snow pants. I think she would like to play in the snow if took her out, I'm just a wuss.


Daddy got sick, Taylor got sick, then mommy got sick. That basically sums up our holidays. 


So tired. 


Taylor's hair fits in a clip! It's so cute. I love it. It doesn't stay for anything, but I still love it. Her hair is getting so long, and is so curly! 


For Christmas, we all got matching onesies. We actually wore them all Christmas day. Both our families got a kick out of them and our 'bear cheeks'. I was so sick on Christmas, it was nice being around family so they could keep Taylor busy. She had a hard time eating because she was so distracted by everyone, but at least I got some rest.


Taylor's grandpa and grandma Schaefer got her this snazzy leopard print chair for Christmas (told you she needed a chair!). She loves it, and uses it everyday--she'll sit and babble and read books.


Another picture on the dragon fly chair.


Taylor now takes headbands and will try to put them on her head. She's getting pretty good at it. They don't stay there long, but I think she sees me wearing headbands a lot, so she does make some effort to keep hers on...


Taylor still loves soft things. She loves to rub her face against soft blankets and stuffed animals and just snuggle up. The above is her with grandma as she's all wrapped up drinking her bottle and snuggling her monkey. 


Taylor got the popper for her first birthday, and was scared of it. Haha. She finally likes it! Hooray!


When I brush Taylor's teeth, I let her hold the toothpaste bottle. In this picture, she decided to put the tube in her mouth and hold it there like a puppy. Also, notice her green monkey off to the side? That thing is already becoming so ratty!


Taylor and me taking a selfie a couple Friday's ago.


Taylor took this. No really. She was playing with my phone, I was reaching to help her, and this happened. It actually turned out pretty good!


Josh is starting her young with the packers. Too bad they lost, we were hoping to have a team to root for at the super bowl! We had a fun night though, we had friends over and played Just Dance afterwards (which Taylor loved), I have some pretty hilarious videos of Taylor dancing. I need to figure out how to put videos on here, for some reason it's complicated and I always give up...


Taylor's new thing is wearing her towel and playing just dance (usually not together). She'll point to the remotes or TV and you say 'dance', and she gets soooo excited. That's a game I am more than happy to play with you, dear. :)

It's been busy these past few months with the holidays, so hopefully I'll have some more regular updates in the future. We'll see though, you never know what may come up!

1 comment:

  1. I love your updates and all of the photos!! Thanks for letting us borrow Nana for so long, it was so nice having her here to help. I can't believe you got Dad cooking, I would've loved to see that, haha. I get to see you in 1 month. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete