Sunshine

Monday, August 11, 2014

Taylor: Nine Months

I can't believe this girl has been in the world as long as she was inside me. Where does the time go? Taylor now walks along furniture and with her sit-to-stand play toy. She pulls up on everything, and likes to take things out of baskets, bags, shelves, etc. Very curious! She claps, waves bye, and is eating more and more table foods, and she's FINALLY sleeping through the night. Thank heavens. 

WARNING: This month I took way too many photos, and therefore, had too many to choose from, so...sorry for all the Taylor cuteness you're about to endure #sorrynotsorry



The bottom picture is more of an indication on how this month's photoshoot went. Why I decided to take her picture on a chair...may not have been the best idea for this little mover. Last week she was about to leap off, and this week she's trying to dive over the edge! Yes, there was a daddy spotter standing at the ready behind her chair. :)


She clapped while I was working. FROM HOME! HA! So I ran out to witness it in real time. Thank goodness for work from home days or I might've shed a tear or two.


The picture above just makes me laugh. We were on our way to Wisconsin Dells and she was just chatty chatty chewing on her foot. So so cute. She sleeps in the car now! What the what? Remember when I couldn't drive anywhere without her screaming the whole way? This is amazing.


We went to Wisconsin Dells for a family reunion this month, Taylor was a champ! I didn't take very many pictures sadly (except the one above...which I can take at home...). Taylor loves water. I don't know if I mentioned that in my previous posts, but bath time is her favorite time. She splashes like crazy and is usually sad when we take her out. 

If you ever go to the Dells with a baby though, just go to Kalahari. They had a little place that was heaven for babies (or at least for Taylor); soft areas around different sculptures she could crawl around, baby swings, tunnels, turtle bells, and all kinds of little fountains perfect for little Taylor. She spent most of her time there with grandma so mom got a chance to go on some crazy slides (and was tricked into going on a drop slide--never again. awful. scary. story for another day). It was a fabulous day, and it was indoors so we didn't have to worry about lathering Taylor baby up!


Great Granny Pat (GG) gave Taylor this outfit. She looks pretty stinking adorable if you ask me. Oh, and pulling herself up. Obvi.


This is her Daddy's tiger, so she (of course) loves it. She likes to put the whiskers in her mouth. 


Taylor's first zoo trip also resulted in her first carousel ride. I'm not sure she was the biggest fan...


This is her favorite book lately. It's touch and feel baby animals, and yes, she touches everything with her mouth too. P.S. see that green monkey in the corner? Taylor's new lovey. Doesn't sleep without it!


Pool day with nana. I love baby swim caps. I'm surprised I don't see more of them, Taylor's hair is still on the bald-ish side, so gotta protect that little noggin from the sun!


More from our zoo trip, she seemed to have a pretty good time checking out all the animals. Definitely preferred to be in her carrier--was only in the stroller if she had some puffs in her tray. We bribe her with puffs. They're definitely her favorite food!

And that sums up our eventful month nine. I can't believe this girl is almost a year old. She's amazing. Being a mother is amazing. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment